The European Commission has introduced new rules around a type of mycotoxin in certain food products under Commission Regulation (EU) 2021/1399 from the 1st January 2022. The limits have been lowered in ergot alkaloids in cereal-based feed, rye, wheat, oats, barely and spelt and their milling products for food and feed.
Available now Randox Food Diagnostics Ergot Alkaloids ELISA (Catalogue Number EA3491) is:
- Compliant with the lowest proposed maximum levels mandated by new Commission Regulation (EU) 2021/1399, applicable from January 1st 2022. This includes the total of 12 main ergot alkaloids for cereal-based feed, rye, wheat, oats, barely and spelt and their milling products.
- Accurately detecting the sum of 12 main ergot alkaloids to test the most affected type of cereal – rye flour, as well as cereal-based feed, wheat, oats, barely and spelt and their milling products. Randox Ergot Alkaloids ELISA results show an excellent 95% correlation with the assigned concentration within FAPAS Proficiency Test scheme.
- Unrivalled in the detection of low contamination levels. The Z-score of FAPAS PT of -0.6 for baby multigrain food was obtained using Randox Ergot Alkaloids ELISA.
- Validated based on Commission Regulation (EC) No 519/2014 as a semi-quantitative screening method for cereal-based feed, rye, wheat, oats, barely and spelt and their milling products. The same regulation was followed for fit-for-purpose approach assessment for confirmatory method, which approves Randox Ergot Alkaloids ELISA as being a method for official control. It is successfully assessed by fit-for-purpose approach according to Commission Regulation (EC) No 401/2006 as approved method of analysis.
- Evaluated by third-party laboratory (Wageningen Food Safety research (WFSR), 2019) and proved to be able to distinguish between negative and positive samples. Randox’s ELISA displayed no false-negatives and no false-positives in this study. Across all commercially available ELISA tests, Randox Food Diagnostics Ergot Alkaloids ELISA was the only test which showed good performance with all 3 sample types, including 11 matrices and a total of 24 samples.
Is your Ergot Alkaloids testing in line with new Commission Regulation (EU) 2021/1399?
Reference reports are available upon request.
For more information visit our website: https://www.randoxfood.com/feed-and-cereals-analysis/ergot-alkaloids/ or email us directly at; email@example.com