The European Commission has tightened rules around a type of mycotoxin in certain food products under Commission Regulation (EU) 2021/1399, applicable from the 1st January 2022. The limits have been established for ergot alkaloids for rye, wheat, oats, barley and spelt and their milling products.
Available now, Randox Ergot Alkaloid ELISA is the only commercially available kit in line with Commission Regulation (EU) 2021/1399. Our ELISA is:
- Compliant with the lowest proposed maximum levels mandated by updated Commission Regulation (EU) 2021/1399, applicable from January 1st 2022. This includes the total of 12 main ergot alkaloids for cereal-based feed, rye, wheat, oats, barley and spelt and their milling products.
- Accurately detecting the sum of 12 main ergot alkaloids to test the most affected type of cereal – rye flour, as well as cereal-based feed, wheat, oats, barley and spelt and their milling products. Randox Ergot Alkaloids ELISA results show an excellent 100% correlation with the assigned concentration within BIPEA Proficiency Test scheme.
- Unrivalled in the detection of low contamination levels. The Z-score of BIPEA PT of 0.0 for rye flour was obtained using Randox Ergot Alkaloids ELISA.
- Validated based on Commission Regulation (EC) No 519/2014 as a semi-quantitative screening method for cereal-based feed, rye, wheat, oats, barley and spelt and their milling products. The same regulation was followed for fit-for-purpose approach assessment for confirmatory method, which approves Randox Ergot Alkaloids ELISA as being a method for official control. It is successfully assessed by fit-for-purpose approach according to Commission Regulation (EC) No 401/2006 as approved method of analysis.
- Evaluated by third-party laboratory (Wageningen Food Safety research (WFSR), 2019) and proved to be able to distinguish between negative and positive samples. Randox’s ELISA displayed no false-negatives and no false-positives in this study. Across all commercially available ELISA tests, Randox Food Diagnostics Ergot Alkaloids ELISA was the only test which showed good performance with all 3 sample types, including 11 matrices and a total of 24 samples.
Is your Ergot Alkaloids testing in line with updated Commission Regulation (EU) 2021/1399?
Reference reports are available upon request (Catalogue Number EA3491).
For more information visit our website: https://www.randoxfood.com/feed-and-cereals-analysis/ergot-alkaloids/ or email us directly at; email@example.com