Randox Laboratories, the parent company of Randox Toxicology have developed a COVID-19 qPCR assay, which can be used for the detection of nucleic acid from 2019-Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome ((SARS)/SARS-like) viruses. The differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-like corona infections from other seasonal respiratory illnesses caused by viruses can prevent rapid spread of infection through the isolation of positive cases.
Our assay is compatible with sample matrices including nasal / throat swabs. This test is intended for use in the clinical setting as an aid in the screening and isolation of individuals that require quarantine and immediate intervention.
Benefits of the COVID-19 qPCR Assay
- High sensitivity and specificity with 100% PPA
- Low LOD: 725 copies/mL
- Automated resulted generation and no need for interpretation
- Quick assay run time at 40 minutes*
- High throughput: 93 samples extracted in 50 minutes**
* On either the Applied Biosystems™ QuantStudio™ 5 (0.2 mL 96 well block) or Applied Biosystems™ 7500
** When extracted with KingFisher™Flex
Covid-19 qPCR Assay
|SARS-Cov-2 (ORFlab)||Sarbecovirus (SARS, SARS like, SARS-CoV-2) (E-gene)|